Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Closing out 2013

As 2013 comes to a close,I decided to take a look back at my goals I'd set last year at this time. Some I did well on, others not so much. Here they are: 


I did a great job blogging more personally, but for sure failed on blogging photography. I WILL do better in 2014!!

I totally feel like our year was spent with great friends that like us for who we are and don't think we should be any different! For them, we are so thankful! 

I signed up for a 1/2 marathon in March and didn't run it. :( I got an injury just 6 weeks before the race, and it just was not possible. I signed up for a 10 mile race in October and the friend I was going to stay with and run with never called or emailed me back, so I skipped that. I've kind of concluded at this point that spending money signing up for races may not be the best thing for me at this point in my life. I'm ok with that. I want to do well balanced workouts and mix it up as often as I can. 

I think I could have done a better job if spending time just the three of us, but we had a good year all in all! We did a lot of little weekend trips and things that were fun. I'm looking forward to deer season being over so we can have more family time. Adam has some job changes coming up that will put him home more often (we hope!) so I look forward to the time that affords us. 

I definitely fulfilled my wish to photograph more nature! My trip to Europe was amazing, and I had the best time taking photos of some really beautiful places! 

Lastly, I said I wanted to say, "no" more often. I think I did so-so with this one. I can improve in 2014, but I'm proud of how far I came in 2013! 

So, that brings me to my goals for 2014: 

2014 Goals:

Blog blog blog and blog some more for photography. It will help with SEO!!

Network more!

Try to limit my editing hours to when Sadie is asleep. I don't want to say, "In a little bit, mommy is editing," so often. 

Play with Sadie as much a possible! 
She's only little for a short time. 

Not compare myself or my family to others-our life is unique and special and fits us the way we are.

Meal plan meal plan meal plan, and accept the fact that my husband won't like it! ;) 

This one is a long shot- be a better morning person. I'd love to get up and walk just 15 minutes in the morning! 

Organize more! Especially my office! :)

Cut down on wine-both to save calories and money! 

And finally, live minimally. What I mean by this is to get rid of "stuff" and not buy things just to buy. We lack nothing. I want to simplify. I also want to sell "stuff" on eBay and Craigslist instead of giving everything away all the time. I'm always giving away things that I no longer need or want because I can't be bothered with taking the time to sell them. I know I could make some nice spending money by doing this! 

That's it! Looking forward to 2014! Love to all! 


No comments:

Post a Comment