Thursday, November 15, 2012

AZ Trip May 2012

Yep, I am that far behind on blogging! Sadie and I got to go to Arizona for a week in May to visit family there. She did sooo great on the plane. I was very proud of her. Both ways people commented how good she was. She did not make a peep the whole way, just sat quietly with her headphones on watching her movie. We got to Phoenix mid-afternoon and my parents were there waiting for us. We went straight from the airport up to Anthem to check on our house there. We met our renters, who were very nice. It was weird seeing someone else living in "our house." Then we headed over to my dear friend Genea's house. She was a wonderful hostess, as always, and we enjoyed some hors d'oeuvres while the kids played in the backyard and had ice cream. They had a blast! We then headed up the mountain to my mom and dad's. 
My parents graciously offered up their home to allow some of my friends to come up for a visit. They put together a great BBQ. To all who came, thank you!! My sister happened to be in for a work related visit, and was able to drive up to spend the night also. That was a lot of fun to see her. My friend Genea brought her kids up and they stayed the night as well. The next day we spent time at the park and the pool in the afternoon. Just love where they live-so many awesome amenities! The next night we went to my grandparent's for dinner and had a great time. Sadie especially enjoyed getting to watch a movie in the theater room. :) Lucky kid! 
I also got to do a little photo shoot of my parents and Sadie while there. So much fun!
The last night we stayed in Scottsdale and had a fabulous boat ride. Love Arizona sunsets!
Of course, as is usual for Sadie, she came down with a sinus infection while we were there and I had to take her to urgent care, but at least she got started on meds a couple days before we had to fly back. We can't wait to be back in December for Christmas!
Enjoy these photos!























No comments:

Post a Comment