Friday, May 24, 2013

Summer is here!


Summer is officially here! We had several cold fronts that kept coming through but finally it's warm! Sadie and I went swimming for the first time this season and she of course loved it. She also got to go fishing with her daddy at the lake in our neighborhood. She caught 5 fish!!! We have also been picking lots and lots of blackberries. Life has really come full circle. All of this reminds me of my childhood and spending summers at the cabin. We'd fish and pick blackberries. At the cabin I'd often bake blackberry tartlets while the 3pm rain happened. It is one of my fondest memories, baking and or playing games on the porch listening to the rain on the tin roof. Well, nowadays I don't have the same kind of time on my hands, but really wanted to do some sort of tartlet type thing. I bought puff pastry and cut them into 12 pieces and put a blackberry sugar mixture in each and baked them. They were nowhere near as good as when I'd make a pie crust from scratch at the cabin, but good nonetheless. Here are a few photos:


No comments:

Post a Comment