Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Making memories, not perfection

If you know me, you know that I have OCD. Literally. It can be very difficult. Everyone said, "oh once you are a mom you won't be a germaphobe anymore." That SO did not happen. I am still a germaphobe and still have panic attacks sometimes. However, I have learned to be ok with the fact that my house will simply not be spotless at all times. In fact, it is RARELY spotless. I clean, and as soon as Sadie walks back in the door it is a tornado in her room again. In this Pinterest and HGTV world that we live in there is such an expectation that you house will be perfect, you will workout every day, and cook an amazing meal, all while finding time to craft. Let's face it, that is NOT reality. 

Tonight we got home from work and Sadie begged to make cookies. I had recently bought some snickerdoodle mix to make with her so pulled it out. She wanted to do everything herself. She cracked the egg, mixed the ingredients, and formed the cookies without much assistance from me. I demonstrated how to roll the cookie into a ball and then put it in the cinnamon sugar mixture. She wanted to take it from there and I reluctantly agreed. She did a good job overall, but started spilling everywhere. I started to get onto her about it and then realized it's not about me and the fact that I don't like messes. It's about making fun memories with my daughter.













No comments:

Post a Comment