Saturday, April 20, 2013

Bruschetta Chicken Salad!

As many of you know, I love cooking and trying new things in the kitchen. One of my favorite foods is bruschetta, and one day I thought, " I bet I can make a salad that takes on the flavors of bruschetta without all the carbs." It is SO good that I had to share on here!

Start with raw chicken and cook in the oven with some garlic and red wine. I cook covered at 350 until done. After it is done chill in the the fridge.

Now for the actual salad part:

I like to use a spring mix and then some spinach as the base. Cut up some roma or cherry tomatoes, a little red onion, some fresh basil leaves (if not available use dried) mozzarella cheese, the chicken cut into little pieces, then top with fresh grated pepper. For the dressing I like to use just a TOUCH of olive oil (I have basil flavored that I picked up in Italy 2 weeks ago and it is amazing!) and lots of red wine vinegar. It really does taste like you are eating bruschetta! 

Here are a couple photos, please forgive that they are cell phone pics!



1 comment:

  1. I think this look and sounds awesome (minus the onions)!!!

    ReplyDelete