Saturday, February 8, 2014

So lucky



I'm so blessed that God chose ME to be Sadie's mom. All week she's been so understanding with me about my surgery. She has laid sweetly in bed with me and waited patiently for me to wake up. She's played quietly inside and not complained once. Maybe that's nothing exceptional, but I am so thankful that she can be so little still, and have such a sweet and caring heart. She's got such an adaptable personality, and really aims to please. If she hurts you or hurts your feelings, she quickly wants to comfort you and say she's so sorry. I constantly tell her how thankful I am for her, how much I love her, and that I am proud of her. It's so important to me as a parent to give her positive feedback and words of encouragement. 
We have done a lot of art projects this week and a lot of playing with her horses, puzzles, and blocks. ( I'm glad it was so cold out, that helped with needing to stay inside!) Even though I felt (and still feel) crummy, having her made it so much better!




No comments:

Post a Comment