Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentine's Day 2014

I worked in a Hallmark store throughout high school and then when I went off to college they would let me come work when I came home at Christmas. I loved Valentine's back then, but something changed. I guess maybe from working there for so long I feel like I just started seeing it as such a corporate holiday. I mean, why do you have to have a day that you get guilted into showing others that you love them? As a result of that, Adam and I have never really done the whole Valentine's thing. I remember one year when we still lived in Arizona that we went to our favorite restaurant, Pappadeax's Seafood Kitchen, and we were shocked to see what a large crowd there was, as it was a random weeknight. We then realized it was Valentine's Day, haha!
Anyways, since having Sadie I have become much more of a Valentine's fan! Especially now that she is older and starting to understand it. Last night she and I put together her teacher gifts, including the cards that she chose very carefully for each one. She then helped put together all the Valentine's for her classmates, which included dog tattoos and skittles lol! She is such a trip!
We wound up having leftover dog tattoos, so after her bath she got a whole row of tattoos on her arm, haha! After I got her to bed, I made some heart shaped chocolate chip pancakes for her for the morning. I am SO not a morning person so I had to do this the night before and just have ready to quickly heat up. :) I also ordered her a shirt that I found-purple with a horse on it! Something that combines her two favortie things in the world! I got her gift all wrapped up and her card together, and then headed off to bed.
This morning I got up and got myself ready, then got her pancakes out. I got her up and took her to the table, where I had everything waiting for her. She was so excited!


These shots are from my new Canon G1x, which is a top of the line point and shoot, but I am still trying to figure out the nitty gritty on it, so these are not the best photos. Anyways, enjoy though!





After breakfast, she got dressed in her new purple horse shirt, and we headed off to school. Adam had dropped off all the teacher gifts, Valentine's, and the bananas that we brought for her class party, to save me from having to figure out how to lug all that in with just one arm. She was excited to show her teachers her shirt, so had an easier time with me leaving her today. (She'd been home with me for a week and a half following surgery, so we really got used to just hanging out. Her first day back, Thusday, was really hard on both of us!)

Today at the office I made chocolate covered strawberries, as they are one of our favorites, but especially Sadie's. Well, I went to Super One yesterday to get bananas for her class so picked up strawberries there as well. Not a good idea-it was slim pickings and the basket that I wound up with turned out to be more bad than good. Bummer. To top that off, I did not take into account that the work microwave would not let me adjust power while melting the chocolate, so I wound up burning the chocolate. Needless to say, NOT my best batch of chocolate covered strawberries ever. Sadie was still excited when I waked in the door with them, though, and had one right away.

Today was a hard day for me pain wise with my shoulder. This morning when I got out of the shower I attempted to wrap my hair in a towel, as I always do, and accidentally pushed too hard with the left arm, and really hurt myself. It set me off for a pain filled day. So, Valentine's to me is having a husband that let me crawl in bed the moment I walked in the door, cooked dinner, and is now entertaining her. THAT is what love is.

Hope however you celebrated, it was a good one!                                                                                                                                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment